Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Live Life like there's no Tomorrow

What does tomorrow mean? When it comes, what do you do about it? What is there to be prepared for? For tomorrow is not an answer to all questions. Judgments? Or Prophesize? Many have often say what will come and what's gonna come, according to their statements of their words of confident. Or even visualize what's gonna happen tomorrow, and have planned for the forthcoming. Future it is, and yet it is purely unable to see no matter what we can say because it is just what we want it to be or expect it to be.

Everyday, we live our lives every single that ticks and breathe we take. We do things that are in our routine as it is part of our lives, and that's what we do. Wake up in the morning then go to school or work, then spend some time with family and friends and called it a day. Where do our lives begin actually? The moment we know what we want in live, or the moment we choose to have it in our life? Perhaps, I do know what most people would decide but as for myself I knew my life began the moment I chose to live it the way I like it and I want it, as it is my heart has told me back then till these days. Life is an interesting journey, as it passes by very quickly and tomorrow is another day. Of course, we often come across obstacles in life that would give us a hard time yet we either go through it or give up then being held backwards. For what it is, living a life where you appreciate most is what needs to be understood in everyday's living. Many things come and go, in and out, from our lives everyday. Today we might have it, but we may not know if we're gonna lose it tomorrow. We may have the confident of what does gonna happen in the coming but predictions can be wrong because perfection comes from imperfection. Yet we may plan for what's in tomorrow, and would probably live up to the expectations we want to meet. Perhaps, instead of saying what will happen, why not say maybe that's what gonna happen? Indeed, this is because we do not know what tomorrow will hold and it is always best to provide an alternative solutions for yourself so as to not to disappoint yourself nor anyone else. Besides, you might not even know today might be your last day because not only not knowing what's gonna happen tomorrow you won't even know what's gonna happen the next minute you step out of the door. Thus, living a live with predictions and high expectations may cause many problems to you as neither God nor Prophets can tell you what your future will be, as the future is in your own hands.

"People don't appreciate what they have these days, it has become a habit, and they tend to want more", Ming Ming said it while I was chatting with her. It is very true indeed because many people don't appreciate what they actually have yet they tend to lose and in the end they would realize how precious it is. Despite the fact that humans are often corrupted by greed, it is indeed the ourselves that can not be satisfied by what we have because what distract us tends to make us ask for more. Then, it is not what that distract us makes us do not appreciate what we have but it's our tendency to demand for more to satisfy our wants, and not needs. It is our desires that have led us to a higher demand, and yet we unconsciously lose ourselves and soon would start to change and evolve our hearts. We can live our life to the fullest everyday by appreciating our needs and what we have, it is not what we want that makes us so desperate to have more. By demanding for more, we actually become greedy and tend to lose our precious ones because we forget them, ignore them, and neglect them. How pity it is to be left behind, yet this is just another mistake that we do in our lives. The only reason we would appreciate something is when it is gone, by the time we realize it and not knowing it, it may be a little too late.

Life is a journey that fills with many wonderful things. Live your life for yourself as you're not born to live for others. Whatever you have and can have shall be appreciated because it is what you have in your life and hence it's yours. Tomorrow is still a question and not an answer, because the future is in your hand and it is up to you to build it. Today may be your last day, and when you appreciate every little thing in your life you might even no regret it if it is your last day.

I once never really appreciate the little things in my life, because I never had a good look at them and start to neglect them. Even my life felt like nothing because I didn't know how precious it is. My greed for more was like a thirst for water, as I demanded for more. Yet, in the very end I realized I still end up nothing but just myself with an unmeaningful life because I changed to a person where I wasn't supposed to be. It was only then when I had an accident during a race that woke me up; I had a crash during the cycling race in 2006 where it has changed my life forever. I didn't if I was still alive at first, but what I thought was perhaps this is the end of it and I regretted for not appreciating all that I had. But I was lucky to stand up and walked again to live till these days. If I had really died that day, perhaps I may not even be able to achieve what I have today and show my family how much I love them. Hence, I learn my lesson and it was worth learning.

Everyday is a given day as a gift, a gift that comes very handy as you can do many things with it. But live life to the fullest and there might be no tomorrow, for we do not know what's gonna happen. What's more to life is when you start to appreciate every little thing you have because you will know how much they mean to you and you mean to them. You may be somebody you're not today because you have forgotten what's the real you, but what's left in you will bring you back again as that's truly who you are. Never say you can't live without this or that, because the only thing you can't without is yourself.

"LiveStrong" - Lance Armstrong

By Jack Ho

No comments: