Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fatigue

Fatigue has always been my number one challenge throughout my triathlon career, as it's very challenging. It always gets me mentally and holds me back, really difficult to overcome it though when you're handling it alone. Sometimes I do wish there's a person beside me to push me to do my training when I have fatigue. But of course my coach is not around so I have push myself and tell myself to do so.

I had a fatigue yesterday so I didn't do my training in my morning, and though I was supposed to go for my swim but in the end I was out for a run instead. I felt very difficult on the run at first, it was really a struggle because the fatigue just kept dragging me. I felt like I wanted to stop and go home, and forget about the training. I was running in the park so there were many people as well, and I did feel a little competitive whenever I passed by any runners. The first 20mins as a warm up I felt alright, but between 20 to 40 minutes were the most difficult moment, as it felt really painful and very weak. But I kept pushing myself and telling myself to do it and ignore the pain. So at the last 20 minutes, I got over it and I felt so much better when the fatigue was no longer there as I could run smoothly at a very fast pace without feeling tired and weak. Yet, it was Ming Ming's smile that I thought of somehow just bright me up when I needed an inspiration most. But I gotta admit, it's not easy in overcoming a fatigue. But I gotta deal with all the time because it will come back when I don't rest properly or over train.

There’s nothing to be afraid of about overcoming challenges, as long the heart is there to deal with it. You can do whatever you want when you set your mind towards it, because no matter how week you are your determination will carry you and bring you there. Mindset and determination are the keys after all, but yet you must be able to overcome it yourself.

By Jack Ho

No comments: