Thursday, May 22, 2008

Crash Again

Sometimes, lucks do get really tough somehow without realizing or knowing it. Things may look really alright, but yet the instinct or senses do warn you in some ways. But somehow, I ignored those warnings because I did not realize what was going to happen.

As usual, last night was a Thursday night so it was time to ride with the guys for a good ol'fun ride. We intended to have a long ride last night though, so I was the one who lead the pack. Everything seemed alright to me as I was going on a very constant speed as I did not wanna get everybody too exhausted. The headwind wasn't too strong so I felt really good on the ride. But I kept having the feeling of something was gonna happen and told myself I had to overcome the phobia form the previous crash, yet I kept myself ignoring it and assumed everything was gonna be fine. Then, luck and fate just changed without knowing what ahead of me was. I was on my tri-bar as usual, and again, the moment I lifted my head up I saw a rock in front of my front wheel and I was too late to steer. I quickly got up from my tri-bar and tried to pull away from the rock, but it was too late and the next thing was I flew like a superman doing motocross's dirtjump. Nick was like, "He flew right in front of me, man!!" and Richard said "Jack, your bike is a cursed, guess you gotta get rid of those bars!" I landed on the road like a plane crash, my legs were stuck and jammed in the pedals so my bike eventually flew all the way and slide with me, poor bike. The words that I said were "Oh shit, fuck! Not again!" somehow, and I was just "Shit shit shit shit shit" all the time. The first thing that came into my mind right after I crashed was about Ming Ming, it was weird to think about her as I didn't know why. Michael wanted to spray me again and I quickly went "No no no no no no no, oh no you don't!" so he gave me something else instead to clean my wounds. Then, we headed back as I went home to clean myself up.

This time I wasn't as badly injured as the previous one, yet my knees, thighs, hips, body, and arms were all covered with wounds, scratches and bruises. After I got home, I text Ming Ming to confess to her how great she is as a friend in my life, because if I had died back there in the crash I wouldn't have the chance to tell her something heartiest from my heart, not really heartiest though because there were still certain things I didn't tell her. My family was kinda speechless when they saw me coming into the house with all the wounds and scratches. My mum was like “Not again! We’ll see how many times you can survive this ordeal!” and I was thinking to myself, no pain no gain and what kills me will make me stronger. My dad was speechless as he just shook his head not knowing what to say. My brothers were a little terrified because this is my second crash within the first 6 months of the year. But I couldn’t sleep the whole night basically because of the pain all over me, it’s a little terrible. Ming Ming was there to company through sms the whole night, but she fell asleep like a pig somehow, as always, it is just really funny how that girl is sometimes.

I’m glad I survived it this time, somehow, because my helmet kept me safe. If it wasn’t my helmet I guess I wouldn’t make it after all, as my head hit the road. Yet, my helmet didn’t get a single scratch! It is really worth buying MET helmet though it cost me Rm$400 but the safety of the helmet paid it all. Oh well, what will my future be and I guess I wouldn’t know. The next accidents, I just hope there won’t be anymore as I will be more careful. I’m lucky to be single I guess, as I don’t have anyone to worry about me. Or even if I die, nobody will have to cry and grieve over me. Perhaps my ex-girlfriends left me for a good reason though, as I’m not such a great guy after all who risk his own life all the time. No girls would ever be so caring anyway as they are naturally selfish, though they seem ought to be very caring but in actual fact they’re not because I’ve seen it all. I guess that explains why there is no girls would wanna be with me, not because I’m choosy, but because I’m a triathlete who is out training everyday under the sun and look so dark. But I’m alright to be single though, as I know no one will have to care and worry about me so much, as no one will ever do so. I’m all alone, and it is nice somehow because it is only the world and me. Perhaps, someday if I die, I will die will no regrets knowing I have a great life and not letting anyone to be sad and grieve over my death. For I am Jack, I will always be the person I am and face everything that comes. But I still thank God no matter what He has given to me, because I have learned so much from all that He taught.

“Ouch!!!” yeah, I went “Ouch” again because of my hips as the pain is so blooding annoying…uurrggh!

No comments: