Friday, June 15, 2007

Waves by Waves

It was Friday yesterday, another day where Jason and I would go down to the beach for a swim. This time Nic came along with us, she has jz came back from Holland so she decided to follow us for the training. As usual, it was a 2km swim, but we took a different direction this time due to the ocean current. The waves were choppy and rough, and the current was strong. The moment we stepped into the water, we could feel the current was swirl around our legs and we couldn't stand still as the current was so strong that it moved us. As we went deeper intot he water, the waves were even bigger, it reached as high as 3 feet. As we swam out, it was tough because the wave kept hitting us. The first kilometer was tough as 3 of us tried our best to stay together, but unfortunately Nic couldn't keep up with us. Jason swam ahead as I was waiting for Nic, but as I swam further I lost Nic. I couldn't see her anymore because the waves were so choppy and we were swimming up and down most of the time as the waves kept throwing us up. I was kinda worry when I lost Nic, and I lost Jason too but somehow I found Jason as he was in front of me. So I kept chasing after Jason as not to lose him too. As we swam along, it gets tougher and harder by every stroke. The waves were too strong that we were being dragged, and each time we pulled we could feel we were pulling the current. Finally, when Jason and I reach the turning point we waited for about 5mins to wait for Nic, but she didn't turn out. So Jason and I swam back again and hope to see Nic along the way back. We thought it would be much easier as the current could surf us along, but we were wrong as we got smashed by the big waves. I was stunned when I got smashed because I've never experienced such hit, that gave me a click that I had to swim faster to get outta water. So Jason and I were sticking together and swam as fast and as fast as we could. I was feeling tired of fighting and swimming against the strong current and waves, I felt like I wanna give up but then I would drown if I did. So I push on and swam till the end no matter what. When we finished, Jason and I kept a look out for Nic. We couldn't see any sign of her at the Boat Club, so she was still out there. And suprisingly we saw her, she was at the 1km marked turning point, we were suprised as we had missed her along the way. So I ran over to see if she need any help, but I was glad she's fine so she walked all the way back. After all, it was a great training to remember as it was tough and dangerous. We were glad that we survived, if not it could have been worse. Life is short to live, so we gotta treasure every single second of life as it's the most precious and wonderful moment you will always remember.

After the swim, we had a dinner in the Boat Club. It was great to hang aaround with my friends as I have not seen them for so long. Edwin has always been the fuzzy old man with all the shyt! But I enjoyed having him in the conversation. Nic and I talked about my problems lately, and I appreciate all her advices. Besides, I was too happy last night at the dinner because I was being offered a sponsorship to further my study! Thank God and everyone, it's been what I've wished for.

Another day of life, live it to the fullest and greatest! Enjoy Life!

No comments: