Tuesday, June 5, 2007

..Rumours..

Finally, after 2 weeks of investigations, I've finally found out what the truth is that lies beneath a pretender's face. The rumour was about Olivia Ling and I having a secret affair, it's quite shocking though.

Olivia is a trainee CSR in Shell, and I'm an Asset Management Executive here in Petra. Our offices are in 2 diffenrent locations, Shell is in Lutong where as Petra is at Waterfront. Olivia and I do not have any job common, thus we don't contact each other. There was only once when I sent chocolate to her while she was offshore as she needed help to buy snacks and junk foods, it was only then we had a little conversation and nothing more than friends too. The rumours about us just appeared all of a sudden 2 weeks ago. It was Zaza who told me about it eventhough at first she didn't want to, but I begged her to do so.

Who told her the rumours? It was her mum, so here's how the story goes. Somebody from Shell who is a guy (Mr.X) that Olivia likes actually told Zaza's mum that I've been sending roses and chocolates to Olivia as gifts. The gifts are often being sent to offshore while Olivia is offshore, and also to her office while she's back. Besides the gifts, the rumours also said Olivia and I have been dating each other behind Zaza's back. Thus, it sounds like I've been cheating Zaza.

Then, when Zaza asked her mum who told Mr.X about all these, it was Olivia. Zaza's mum also said it's not Mr.X who told only, but also another guy (Mr.Z) from Petra as well. Thus, it's a little complicated when it comes to this. So Zaza and I decided to ignore this first as we wanted to ask Olivia herself and get her to talk to Zaza and speak the truth. Olivia was suprised and stunned to hear such rumours going around in the office, and she felt so innocent about it. Olivia told Zaza that there has never been any affair between Olivia and I, and we have not even met each other before, not even once! And Olivia doesn't have anyone she likes as she's single. So when I spoke to Olivia, she nearly cry and I really pity. Then I asked Olivia who she has told about the chocolate I sent her a few months back, and she said only Sofri and Michelle. But Michelle has kept quiet all along.

Zaza and I have been suspecting it is Siti, cousin of Zaza, who's behind all these rumours but we could not confirm at first. Siti is very close to Zaza's mum, and she earns the trust from Zaza's mum. It is so weird that Zaza's mum doesn't trust her own daughter at all, I really pity Zaza sometimes.

Morris, a good colleague of mine, has spoken to Olivia about the rumours as well. He was quite suprised to hear what Olivia said, she said that she did tell Sofri to pass a message to Siti and to tell Zaza to be careful of me because afraid that I might betray Zaza's trust. That was just a simple message, but it went into the wrong hand so words started to spread.

Thus, Zaza and I have finally known the truth. I'm innocent, Olivia is innocent, and we got to know who created the rumours. There were no Mr.X & Z as they do not exist at all, so Zaza's mum has been creating stories as well just to cover Siti.

So for now, we're just gonna wait until the right time to talk to Zaza's mum.

No comments: