Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Rebirth

"Jack, remember who you are and what you are!" - Anonymous


The race was just over, a day ago. I still do not know what have actually gone through my mind, but yet all I can and could feel is my focus. Something, somehow, and somebody is directing me towards something I do not see. Yet, what it has given me felt so great and it is the new reborn of me.

I feel so much more completely different now, ever since the race on Sunday ago. I never thought I could do it again as I was not so confident in certain things, yet I kept myself calm and steady by remembering those wise words that have given and dwell into me. I came 9th Placed in the OD 16-29 Category, and 1st Placed in the Sarawak Closed Category. I lost last year, I lost myself, my fame, and my dignity, I was defeated by many for the past 3 years. But this year, I took it all back and brought them down like how they brought me down, and perhaps better than I have never thought. Revenge? Perhaps it did seem like, but I did not feel like revenge at all. But I was overwhelmed to see who I have actually defeated, and that gave me a sense of rebirth, the new me. Yet, the race was not about winning or losing to me after all, it was just about performing my best and takes my best shot.

The only shot I had to prove who I am, and what I am made of. I lost myself once, twice, yet the journey I had taken has always reminded my root and path. Finally, after I crossed the finished line, when the pain was over, I knew something was already different as many people looked at me differently. My family was there to support me though, yet it was to their surprise to see my performance. But I doubt my dad would remember it well, as he has forgotten all that in me so I keep my fingers crossed and not saying a word but just feel glad and appreciate their supports.

After all, I feel there is more to do now because I know I will be even better. Perhaps, this might even be the beginning of just something that I have dreamed of. Yet, I shall always remember those who have taught me well and gave me the heart to be the I am now. Wise they have, yet remembered shall always be. Hence, it is the rebirth of a new me and it is just about to get more fun.

By Jack Ho

No comments: