Wednesday, April 16, 2008

[Passion² + π(Dream)/℮∫Goal⅔] x √Faith³ = Lifeª

[Passion² + π(Dream)/℮∫Goal⅔] x √Faith³ = Lifeª

This is an equation, and what do you see?

Obviously, I think most people would say the 5 words appeared in the equation and start to wonder. Of course, what I'm trying to say is in life we live with these words buried in our heart and mind. Every human has a brain to think and visualize their lives, and desire. What do they desire? Or visualize? It is obviously of what they wanna do in their lives. It can be many forms of doing, dreams or goals. It is very basically what we wanna achieve and satisfy our living to a meaningful state; some for fame, some for courage, some for pride, and so on. But no matter what, we would always be proud of what we have achieved and not just done.

Done is nothing when it has not been done according to your plan, nor it is what you want. We have done many things in life, yet are we satisfied? or do we just say "it's enough, and I'm backing off!"? Some people, just when they thought they have done it but actually they have not because they have not achieved it, and that is only where it has just begun. Is this what you called "Simple Minded"? In my opinion, it is not, because according to my understanding certain people have very low expectations among themselves. And of course, some have very high. Little achievement in them can be seen as a big success in life. So the bottom line is when one has dreamed, or goal, it is up to an individual to push it up to the level as he/she desires or demands. Besides, most people have ethical values and dignity in themselves. Thus, Pride or Fame is what defines them when they score a goal.

Here's a solid example about myself in my very own experience. When I first did a triathlon, I was only 16 back then. I totally had no idea how a triathlon race could be, because it is a very tough sport. I took it up as I wanted to do it, back then the only thing I could tell myself was I could finish the race. In the end, I finished the race and felt great about it because I've never done something that tough throughout my life, but I was only 16. So since then, triathlon has always been a part of me. After my first race, I , back then, realized I've only done it but not achieve the real deal. So what was the real deal? Hence, I didn't know the real deal until a couple years later. Therefore, I could only define what I had achieved in my first race was only a goal, a goal that gave me a first step into triathlon, it was only the beginning. Then, a couple years later I finally found out what the real deal was, it was achieve triathlon in a higher level in not just finishing the race but race with pride and victory. Hence, that's when the Olympic Dream
sets in. Thus, I started to train professionally with proper plans and proper training schedule. Each and every month, a goal is set to determine my progress and track my improvement or areas that need to be improved. It has been 3 years now in triathlon, training everyday and often traveling off for races, it has become a lifestyle. Thus, it is already a goal that I have achieved to be a triathlete, but that's just not it because the further I walk in this journey the more I see and the more I demand for in order to achieve more goals. It was my faith for what I believed in what I can do, I went beyond the limit and discover even more possibilities and potential in triathlon. It keeps me going and going, yet I never realized how I should stop because the more I discover, the more I wanna achieve.

Dreams? The Olympic Dream? What is the Olympic Dream? What kinda dream is it? The Olympic dream is a dream lived by most athletes around the world. It doesn't matter what kinda sports your in and it is certain that many athletes do wish to achieve in the Olympic, as to be and Olympian. The Olympic is not just about winning and be the best of the world, it is about participation and passion of the sport, and celebrates humanity with both honor and pride. So that is what the Olympic Dream is about.

After all, dreams, goals, or achievement, they are all part of our lives. Yet we just gotta differentiate what we're into and what we want. Life is a very exciting adventure; there are many things to see and to discover. But one thing for sure, your life is in your hand and it is up to you to live with it.


By Jack Ho

No comments: