Thursday, September 20, 2007

The greatest ride...

Last night, it was the best ride I've ever had. As usual, the Night Attack gang would gather at Saberkas parking alot by 7:30p.m and off starting riding at 8p.m sharp. There were 10 of us last night, and everybody was in a good looking shape. I haven't rode with them for a few months, as my new training program has clashed with it. So last night was exceptional since my class only ended at 5:30p.m.

I went to meet up at the group at Saberkas by 7:30p.m, so everybody was kinda suprise to see me. After a while, we decided to take a long ride for the night. As we were waiting to start, and it seemed nobody would start riding though it was about time. But everybody kept telling me to take the lead so I did! The ride was a 68km route, flat but windy!!!!! So I thought since they were 10 of us, at least each and everyone of us could take the chance to lead. So I started off with a warm up and thought 20mins later somebody can take my place and take the lead. But it all didn't turn out as I expected, because everybody still wanted me to lead and kept drafting behind me. So I had no choice but to lead as I should, and it went on and on. At the turn off to the Brunei border, I thought someone could take the lead but nobody did so it was me who lead again!!!!! But I felt alright, no fatigue, no sore muscles, no pain, and was just feeling so fine...yet, the others were struggling to keep up with me. I was only going 40km/hr on constant, nothing faster or slower than that. Though the headwind was strong, because we were riding on the costal highway, yet I still felt alright maintaining that speed. But when we turn off to the road to the Brunei border, I hit 45km/hr on constant and it felt good! But luckily the rest could keep up. On the way back to where we started was even faster, because I just felt so alright!!! At first they could keep up, but when we approach the Senadin junction, some of them started to lose out yet I didn't know as I just kept riding straight ahead without looking back.

So when I got back to Saberkas, only Ah Bao and Nick were behind me. The rest were way behind and I really had no idea I lost them. Finally when everyone was back, and they kept complaining I was going too fast..lol!! Oh well, I didn't find it fast though. The ride was 68km, 1hr 58mins, and 34.19km/hr on avg speed..and I was the only one to lead 95% of the whole route!!

I just felt so good after the ride, and it's the greatest ride I've ever felt because of the speed and rush through cars and traffic on a speedy highway! I just love it..=D

No comments: