Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lots of Backstroke...

I'm swimming more backstroke in my training nowawadays more than ever. I Never enjoy swimming backstroke, but I gotta do it. Coach Claire said "I know you hate it, so did I, but ya still gotta do it..", it's not easy swimming backstroke though as it's pain in the neck! But I have to do it no matter what!!!!!

But I'm glad everything is improving now, my swim is better, and fitness is getting better. So I just gotta stay focus in my training alot, and nothing fancy. I feel the challenge and urge every now and then, it's like I'm so desperate to race. So I get outta control in my training, really outta control. Coach Claire and Coach Sazali have been telling me to control my strenght, my power, my pace, my heart rates, and my breathing. It's so hard to control myself, because each time when I head out it feels like I'm in a race. Some thing goes to cycling and running, I would just go full speed ahead and finish the whole damn training with a new record. Yes, I'm happy with all the new Personal Best record I have but my body just get exhausted and overtrained sometimes. It's like I can't do anything the next day, but just lay dead. So I really need to control myself before I injured myself. I know it's tough to do that but I just gotta try. But I'm glad Coach Claire is by my side to remind me the whole time, though I get really exhausted but her words are the only ones I can hear. I enjoy her training program, though it's tough, but I like it!

Swim for Life is next Saturday, a week from now, and I do feel kinda nervous about it. It's 16km swim in the sea, and unpredictable conditions. An attempt that I have never done, nor anyone else in Miri has ever tried. Many people thought I'm doing this as a challenge, and also a trial for the charity event. But my main reason for doing this swim is for Syaza, beacuse I really loved her alot! Eventhough she may not know or believe that I truly loved her once, but I guess it's time for me to show and prove it to her that I would swim across the ocean just for her. It's been 4 months now, but I still think of her sometimes. Yet, all the memories just to float above my head and never go away. I do miss her, as there's no one else like her tender caring and cheerful laughters. So, the press will ask me questions for sure, and yet I still don't know what I'm gonna say. As far as I know, I just wanna swim, swim in the water and be free. I wanna define the limits, and prove what's impossible. Right here in my heart, I swim for life!

No comments: