Saturday, September 27, 2008

Live a Life


Everyone has got a story to tell, a drama to watch, and a story line to be understood. Everyday, I see people living a story of their very own. Some may have a fairy tale, some may not but yet some may be lost. Today, we are all alive for some reason and that reason is for you to know because that life is yours. But the funny thing is, life has always been a wonderful thing...it is beautiful and filled with many wonders.

I came across with many people who have always doubted about their own life, no directions and meaningless in a way. Yes, certain times of our lives we would all feel the same way, perhaps it is just the stages of life that we have to go through. Even myself, I've been through certain stages of my life where I was struggling, struggling to live another day, another day of life. So here's a little story of mine, my life.

Throughout my teens, I wasn't quite popular as any other teenagers would always wanna be. I wasn't a guy who live a vibrant and exciting life to many, but I was just living a simple life of mine where I enjoyed most. But then, it took a change when I got into college. It felt different in a way where there was liberation from family and the society as well, first step into the social life has always seemed amazing. First stop, I was the new explorer of the world and then I became another problem in the world. That very world I saw was the world of reality, where reality bites and not telling lies or fairy tales. It was tough to hang on and definitely tough to survive. Each day and every single second, waking up in the morning wondering what to do for the rest of the day has became a behavior. Unlike back in high school, there was nothing much to bother another then attending classes, school activities and my sports, purely simple. However, stepping into the future is a process part of growing up anyway so it was never easy. There were many hard times I had where I had to go through, relationships, family and personal future. You will wonder as you grow older as you gotta set your own future as you can't depend on parents to direct you for the rest of your life. Thus, making decision on what I had to do was always tough and challenging. Of course, I made mistakes and learned lessons well. Yet again, over time I would still make mistakes because I was still learning.

So after all, career wise wasn't a big problem for me because I always set myself a path where I live my own life. Relationship wise has always been a problem combining with family problem as well. The thing is I don't come from a wealthy family and the relationship in my family just don't bonded so well as we all have spent many years apart, so sometimes or perhaps most of the times I find it hard to communicate with my family. I did try to improve over and over again but it never seem to work unless there is mutual understanding which I don't get from my family. Thus, I chose to be an outsider in this family somehow by being more independent and not replying too much on them. Plus, relationships have not always been working out perhaps I'm still young and always out with the wrong girl or not the right girl. It is my personality and attitude that counts and certain people do find it hard to get along with me due to my open minded personality and more of a western culture attitude. Thus, it has always been hard somehow when I go on a date.

Again, these are all the problems I had gone through in my life and still are encountering some these days. But there is something I have learned which plays the most critical part in our life, it is about making decision wisely. When I think about all the bumpy journey I have gone through, it always reflected to me in a way where I could have made wiser decision. And that critical decision making has made me and able to tolerate improvement in my life. You see, sometimes when you're ought to do something for yourself then you have to consider your own capability and surrounding, how easy can that be when you have to pick a decision where it is good for you and will not affect others? Well, sadly to say it is never easy because decision can only be one and there will always be a sacrifice for one another, if you take it that way. From then on, I see or visualize my path in a broader circle where I open myself to more suggestions and opinions just to ensure I do not repeat mistakes or make another mistake in my life.

Of course, it hasn't been easy to do so in a way where I'm always the only child in the family who is making decision against my family, let's just say I'm rebellious in a political way. I always argue with my parents over my own right, as I don't like to be controlled, then again whenever I try to show them my achievement it is always something they never wanna look at because I'm not living their dreams. Till today, I still find it difficult just to get along with my family as there is always this wall seem to block the way. Then again, it all comes back to the decision I have made for my life which I have accepted it from the very beginning and so will bear all the consequences in my own responsibility. I get very positive and optimistic in my life, and also in everything that I do. I try my best to make things right, if I fail I will keep trying till miracle happens. I'm not somebody who gives up easily and always on the edge to pursue my dream and goal. That's how I live it the way I like it.

But then, there are also people who gets jealous and envious about others beautiful life says I. For those who envy and admirer without causing harm or any effects, it is a good thing as it can be taken as a role model or icon to live or have a better life. this will eventually help people to understand the fulfillment of life and to show them a life has a direction which you can be the indicator yourself. But sadly, there are those who get jealous and would try in anyway to jeopardize those lives. People comes in different way as some are good and some are with evil deeds. So you just gotta be very careful about it as well, when some people can't get enough out of their own life then they would stepping over the boarder to others' life which is a bad thing to do.

So after, a life is another page of story to be told and to live as well. Have your own life and life it the way you want it, or like it should be. Don't be afraid to speak for yourself for it is you who carries the worth in you. So start your own life right now at this very moment, because the difference you can make is a difference to the world.

by Jack Ho

No comments: