Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Historic Record in Olympics



I came across this video again, and it is the Beijing Olympics 2008 Men's Swimming 4x100m Freestyle Relay final. It was a showdown that shook the whole world. I was watching it live at home in television with my family that day. All of a sudden, my brother and I jumped out of our sofa and started shouting and screaming for USA. It was a really close race, furious, extremely competitive, and most of all shocking.

The effort made by Jason Lezak (USA) was tremendous as it ended with a shocking split time record ever of 46.06s, the very first man in the world to go under 47s. Unbelievably the USA had did it and also to succeed Michael Phelps for 8 gold medals. And I must say, this is the best swimming event I have ever seen in my life. Till this day, whenever I watch this video it would just give me a chill and emotion of victory made history.

Enjoy the show!

by Jack Ho

No comments: